Monday, April 3, 2023

Monday, 4/3

Once again it was not as bad as we were led to believe it would be. But it would sure be nice if it stopped.

As you may recall, Friday I posted the “before” picture of what it looked like outside prior to the snow-rain/even more snow deluge we were scheduled to get between Friday morning and Saturday afternoon. This picture, to be specific--



I also promised to post an “after” picture, once everything was gone and we were finished shaking our fists at the sky, so here 'tis--



As has been the case all year, it was not the massive storm we'd been led to believe. But as has also been the case all year, it was just enough to have to once again have to spend hours cleaning up.

It's getting to be really old really quickly.

It's now April, and if this keeps going any longer I think a whole bunch of us will be ready to flip out, and not in the good way. Sadly, this isn't the first March & April in which we've felt like this, and that's prompted me to go back in the archives and find a “poem” I wrote eight years ago, the last time this happened. While the year has changed the sentiment is still the same--


I want to go outside and play again.


I want to be able to wear shorts and t-shirts.


I want to be able to lose my gloves and not give a rip.


I want to throw my car’s ice scraper away.


I want to forget about wind chill.


I want to forget about lake effect.


I want to not have to cringe every time I see a weather forecast.


I want to be able to talk to Laura, ask her if it’s going to be 80, and have her say “yes”.


I want to ride my bike.


I want to go to the beach.


I want to smell flowers and freshly cut grass and poplar trees along the bike path.


I want to see green.


I want to forget the color white even exists.


I want to be able to pull out my camera and take pictures of something, anything, other than the “after” picture I posted here.


I want summer.



Okay, April The ball's in your court. Don't disappoint us.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment