Thursday, April 13, 2023

Thursday, 4/13

Of course I took advantage. I'm not insane.

8-)

In our quest to experience all four seasons within a span of a week we had our “summer” day yesterday, a glorious day of 80-degree sunshine that all but erased the memory of the snow day we had at the end of last week. I, as is my wont, went down to the beach, where I was not alone--



I took that picture when I first got there; by the time I left, I think I had been joined by at least 40% of NMU's student population and a big chunk of the Marquette community. I started counting how many people were on the beach between McCarty's Cove and Shiras Park; I lost count right before I got to 400.

Trust me—there were a LOT of people at just that one beach yesterday. I can imagine what all the other city beaches were like, as ell.

Then as I was (begrudgingly) making my way to work after being at the beach I came across a little sidewalk art. Someone has obviously been inspired by the summer-like day, and came up with this--



I don't think I could have come up with anything that more perfectly encapsulated yesterday than that piece of art. But I'm glad someone did.

Today we'll continuing our quest to experience all four season in a week when we have a very fall-like day of cold wind & falling temperatures. Then Friday it may be Spring-like before a chance of (gulp) snow pops up this weekend.

Hopefully, it won't show up. But if it does, at least we had a small window in which to shed off the gloom of our real winter before it returns for a potential unwanted encore.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment