Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tuesday, 4/18

After three days of 80 degree temperatures, we were given this gift last night and this morning--



I shan't, however, say any more, because I really do think I've used up my quota of complaining about snow in the past month & and a half. And even if I haven't, why would I want to subject you to even more of it?

That's okay. You can thank me later.

One of the many things I DID do when it was nice out Saturday was to fully map out my upcoming “Burn Baby Burn: The Infernos of Downtown Marquette” walking tour for the Marquette Regional History Center. And while I was doing it something struck me, if only for the sheer...normality of it all.

The tour's not until July. That means I'm the middle of almost four months of not doing anything for the History Center. How the heck did THAT happen?

I mean, I'm not complaining. Not at all. It's just weird, though. After I did my North Marquette walking tour last September I immediately transitioned into working on “Lights, Camera, Marquette” with Jack, while at the same time working on “The Greasier The Spoon”. Once we did “Lights” at Kaufman in January the next six weeks were a history blur as I finished up “Greasier”, and since then?

Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Apparently, I didn't mind at all, as I didn't even realize that I wasn't doing anything for the History Center. Of course, I had the wrap up of “High School Bowl” and my weekly gig at TV 19 to keep my occupied. I just find it...weird that I didn't realize History Jim was in cruising mode for a bit. But then, I guess that's my life these days. There are times I don't know what I'm doing or why I'm doing it.

I probably really need to fire my agent.

However, never fear. Now that I have “Burn” ready to go and, apparently, have a couple of months without any other history things to do, maybe (just maybe) I'll start to play with the idea of putting together another season of those “Pieces of the Past” short videos together. After all, you wouldn't want me to sit around and, say, relax, would you? Would I even know HOW to do that?

Although, you know, it might be interesting to find out...

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment