Friday, March 31, 2023

Friday, 3/31

It looks like we're about get hammered again today, and not in the good way.

Just a few days ago I had written about how this has been a monstrous March for snow here in the UP, and it looks as if April is picking up right where March left off. As I write this, our friends at Weatherology are calling for anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow in two rounds, those rounds wrapped around a bout of freezing rain. I don't know what we did to piss Mother Nature off, because I thought she and I were pals.

I guess we need to sit down and talk things out.

To document what may (or may not) be coming up, here's a picture I took yesterday afternoon during the literal calm before the storm--



Monday, I will post the “after” to this “before”, if only because I myself am curious, and if (also) only to prove it to those of you from outside the UP that I'm really NOT exaggerating just how bizarrely bizarre this past month has been.

Because I haven't.

Wish us luck. Maybe it'll fizzle out. Maybe it'll be the storm of the century (this month's edition). I guess we'll find out between now and Saturday afternoon.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment