Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thursday, 11/3

Why yes, I WAS wearing a Christmas tie yesterday. Thanks for noticing.

Despite the fact that yesterday was a 70 degree day (yes, on November 2nd), and despite the fact that the holidaze are a month and a half away, I was wearing a Christmas tie yesterday. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, you remember how I mentioned I mentioned in yesterday's entry that I had to go shoot an episode of “High School Bowl”?

Well, it was the episode that'll air right before Christmas. So, you know, I had to be dressed appropriately.

It was especially interesting since after I did the shoot I had an appointment to get a flu shot, and when I walked into the pharmacy I had a couple of people stare at me like I was just a bit off-kilter. Now, I get those looks all the time; usually, I'm not quite sure why. But yesterday was one of the few times when I DID know why.

After all, how many people wear a Looney Tunes Christmas tie at the beginning of November?

(And yes, if I'm going to wear a Christmas tie, you'd better believe it'll be a Looney Tunes tie).

Thankfully, the only reason I was decked out in holiday attire was because of the show. I actually know a couple of people who, as soon as the curtain falls on Halloween, go into full Christmas mode, putting their tree up, cranking up the tunes, and hoping the snow soon begins, even when it IS 70 degrees out. And while I don't begrudge them their love of Christmas, for me it's just a little too soon.

In fact, once I took my Christmas tie off last night, I made a vow not to think about it for the next month or so. But that's just me.

Your timing may vary.

8-)

Tomorrow, the story of how something that happened 35 years ago today led to you and I spending all these afternoons together for the past few decades.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment