Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday, 10/12

You wouldn't think it would work...

But it does.

One of the things I looked forward to when we were finally able to go back to Europe for the first time in three and a half years was the opportunity to explore (and don't laugh here) new teas. Breakfast buffets have an amazing spread of different kinds of teas on them, and it's always fun to discover a flavor combination I've not yet come across this. This year's example?



That is a strawberry/mint Rooibos (red) tea. When I saw the tea pack I was delighted by the combination, but also not quite sure how it would work. Strawberry & mint together? But you know what? It does work. And I think that may be because of the Rooibos, a tea that doesn't have a strong flavor of its own but, much like tofu, takes on the taste of whatever it's mixed with.

And in this case it really works with the strawberry and the mint.

Of course, now that I've discovered how much I like it, I have a conundrum. Because I didn't discover it until later on in our trip I only “liberated” four or five extra bags of it from the buffet. So I don't have a big supply of it, and when checking with our favorite online store for food from Germany I noticed that they don't (for whatever reason) carry it.

So...what is a boy to do? Get as much enjoyment out of them while I can? Stretch them out over the months, savoring each bag like it was the last piece of ambrosia on the planet? Make another trip back to Germany with the expressed purpose of buying a few boxes?

As this point, all of those are valid options.

We'll see how it turns out. With any luck, I'll find someplace to buy it online. But if not, I have a decision to make. And if, for some strange reason, I write about going back to Germany right away, you'll know which choice I made.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment