Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday, 10/20

Well, it’s nice to know that some people are watching.


I did my third “Life in the 906” segment on 19 News Monday night.  As with everything I do, I have no idea if people are paying attention.  One of the things about working in media– especially live media–is you do it, people either watch or don’t watch, and you move on to the next thing.  It’s not like, say, writing a book and then seeing it in stores over the next few months, gauging sales by how big (or small) the stack becomes.


TV (& radio) are a little different than that.


So it’s kind of nice to get emails or social media messages or even get stopped by people in the street, all wanting to talk about something you did or something you said.  And that’s why the emails and social media messages and the very wet gentleman who stopped me on the way home from work last night, wanting to talk about the segment I did Monday, all add up to one awesome thought.


Wow.  People are actually watching.  And, apparently, they’re liking what they see.


When I agreed to do these weekly segments I had no idea if anyone would care or if anyone would watch.  Three weeks into it, I can honestly say that that question has been answered.  From people coming up to me in the grocery store asking how to get the station over the air to the very wet gentleman last night it’s obvious that people are watching the newscast.  And for that, I’m glad, not only because everyone associated with it works quite hard to ensure it’s a quality product, but also because it gives viewers another option to learn about what’s going on in the UP.  


The more information options you have, the better it is, not only for the people watching but also for the country in which they live.  And it sure looks like we need a lot more of that these days.


So thanks to everyone for watching, and thanks to everyone who’s let me know that they’re enjoying what they’re seeing, even if it is just my little two minute bit on Monday nights.  Hopefully, it keeps getting better each and every week. 


And hopefully, more and more people keep watching it each and every week.


(jim@wmqt.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment