Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Tuesday, 10/11

I laugh every time I hear the commercial.

We're running commercials right now for the new CBS station in Marquette, the one for whom I'm doing those weekly essays. Part of the commercials talk about their newscasts, and mention some of the contributors to it, including me. And it's what comes right before the mention of my name that makes me giggle.

The announcer says “Insight from people you trust”. Uhm...insight? Me? Are they sure they thought that through?

8-)

Yes, I know it's actually a compliment, but as you may have figured out over the years I don't really don't take compliments that well. Whenever I think of an insightful person, one might trust, I think of some wise old adult or some important person. I don't think of someone like me. So to be lumped into that group is a bit...strange. Or weird. Or disconcerted.

You choose whichever adjective you'd like.

It's strange especially because I've only done two of them so far, and can you REALLY judge insight on a sample size of just two? I mean, it's not like the topics upon which I've expounded were particularly deep or (more to the point) insightful, so...

I dunno. Like I said, I'm not the best person to judge whether or not I really do fit the “insight from people you trust” bill. I guess we'll just have to see. In the meantime, I can keep laughing every single time one of those spots hits the air.

If you'd like to see for yourself what I'm doing that's so "insightful", check out last night's newscast.  My drivel starts about 13 minutes in.



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment