Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Wednesday, 4/6

Have any plans for tonight? Good for you!

Because I no longer do.

Tonight was supposed to be the triumphant return of the Marquette Regional History Center's annual trivia contest, hosted by History Jim. However, because of circumstances beyond anyone's control, it has been postponed and will now be held Wednesday, June 8th.

So I now have nothing to do tonight.

Well, that is, of course, an invalid statement. I have a TON of things I can do. But I won't be able to hang out with a bunch of fellow history nerds (fellow history nerds, I might add, who may have had a drink or two), talk history, and make a lot of good-natured fun of them when their recall of history might not be as good as it could have been.

Oh well. I'm sure June 8th will be just as much fun. So mark it on your calendars now...hint hint.

8-)

Since I was planning on writing about the contest tonight (specifically, a couple of topics that may have potentially been dealt with), how about if I stay in the vein of history with the newest “Pieces of the Past”? We actually head out of Marquette for this one for the story of three amazing individuals.

Enjoy!



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment