Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday, 4/1

I wish I was fooling on this April Fools Day...but I'm not. I wrote something 13 years ago, and it popped into my head as I was walking home through the snow/rain/wind/cold last night. I think it's, perhaps, more appropriate now that it was back then, at least based on my state of mind during the walk home.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

****

(as originally posted 4-12-09:


I want to go outside and play again.

I want to be able to wear shorts and t-shirts.

I want to be able to lose my gloves and not give a rip.

I want to throw my car’s ice scraper away.

I want to forget about wind chill.

I want to forget about lake effect.

I want to not have to cringe every time I see a weather forecast.

I want to be able to talk to Laura, ask her if it’s going to be 80, and have her say “yes”.

I want to ride my bike.

I want to go to the beach.

I want to smell flowers and freshly cut grass and poplar trees along the bike path.

I want to see green.

I want to forget the color white even exists.

I want to be able to pull out my camera and take pictures of something, anything, other than this on an April morning--



I want summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment