Monday, April 11, 2022

Monday, 4/11

Really. It CAN stop any time now.

Friday, when I walked to work, this is what I walked through--



Then after a few days of rain (and then sun), this was what it looked like this morning--



I don't know that there's actually a phrase called “weather whiplash”, but if not, I'd like to create it. And then maybe trademark it.

You know...Weather Whiplash ™

I've pretty much given up on figuring if we'll ever get an actual “spring” this year. As soon as we melt the snow, we get some more. As soon as it's a sunny day, we get rain. Last year, Loraine and I were able to take our soccer balls out and play for the first time in mid-March. Now here we are this year, almost a full month later, and we haven't been able to venture out even once.

I mean, it's May 20 days from today. It really DOES need to stop some time soon, doesn't it?

At the very least, I'm guessing we won't see too much snow. Well, at least in the next few days. It's supposed to be in the 40s and raining, and unless climate change has done a real job on what happens on the ground I'm guessing any remaining white stuff will disappear. I mean, that doesn't mean it won't return at a future date; this IS Upper Michigan, after all. But it would be nice to put it all behind us for a bit and concentrate on what's to come.

Really, it would. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we have one or two or sixteen more cases of Weather Whiplash ™ before it's all said and done.

I guess it's just one of those years.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment