Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday, 12/9

There. Now we're in the spirit of the season.

I know it's only two weeks and a day or so before Christmas Eve, but much like last year it really doesn't feel like the holidaze are on the way. So in order to try and get in the mood just a little more, I decided to get festive at the station with the most fitting decoration I could find--



That's apt for a second Covid Christmas, right?

8-)

I was given the tree (from, obviously, “A Charlie Brown Christmas”) as a gift a long time ago, but I never actually put it up anywhere. There were several years when I was tempted to do it, but things just hadn't descended quite so far down that it seemed appropriate.

Then 2021 decided to say “hold my beer”.

All of us who work at the station on a regular basis got together, took a vote, and decided this was the year to deploy the tree. There wasn't much debate; I voted “yes” and, uhm, since I'm the only one who works at the station on a regular basis that vote stood. Not only that, but all of us who work at the station on a regular basis decided that the tree will be the extent of the decorations this year.

With as apt of a symbol as that particular tree is, who needs more?

Now that the station is decorated, I supposed I should get around to decorating our apartment, as well. When I went into the basement to get the Charlie Brown tree I also brought up our “regular” tree, and one of these days I might even take it out of the box and plug it in. But there are still two weeks left to go.

Why rush things, right? The important thing is the station is now decorated, in the most 2021 way possible. Now that that's taken care of, I can start to think about making our apartment a little more holiday'd up, even perhaps in a little more traditional and cheery way.

That would show our second Covid Christmas season in a row, wouldn't it?

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment