Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wednesday, 6/9

 I don't know why I see what I see.

I can't speak to this, and I don't really know that I'm good enough for it to be true, but I've been told by several photographers whose work I admire that I have an “eye”. I mean, technically, I have two of them, but I get what they mean. Sometimes I see stuff in a certain way and then I take a picture of what I see. It may or not be true that I have the aforementioned “eye”; I'm a little too close to my own work to know, but I'll take their word for it.

I thought about this yesterday when I snuck out of work for a few minutes yesterday to enjoy the sunshine. All I did was walk down the alley that leads to the parking deck behind the station when I came across something that I saw with my “eye”, and it looked like this--



It's not like I haven't seen that view hundreds of time in the past few years. There was, however, just something about it yesterday that struck my “eye”, so I strolled back to the station and grabbed a camera. Then, within the 400 feet journey of walking back to work, I saw something else--



And something else--



So maybe, just maybe, my “eye” is drawn to lines and geometric patterns, something that would be quite ironic for someone who barely got through a geometry class I once took. Maybe instead of understanding geometry like I normal person I “see” it instead.

It wouldn't be the first time I was weird that way.

I'll have to think about this and work on it a little more. Maybe the lines and the shapes and what they form make up the “eye” I've been told I have. It would be interesting if that's the case. I'll be curious to find out myself.

Oh. And aside from lines, I did see one other thing while walking back to work.



Someone had a treat awaiting them when they finished work yesterday.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment