Thursday, June 3, 2021

Thursday, 6/4

 If it had ended a few minutes later, and it wouldn't have worked.

We were able to get the “Third Street: Day & Night” walking tour in last night, even though it had been raining up until 530. By the 630 starting time the skies had started to clear, and soon we started to see people show up--



I think probably 120-ish people showed up, a nice number, but one that makes me wonder just how many people would've made the trip with us had the whole day been as nice as the evening. But since I was a bit concerned that too many people would show up, I guess I shouldn't complain, should I?

Besides, I can always do the tour again sometime this summer on a nice day and see who shows up. That could be fun., and would fit into the concept of doing “pop up tours” that I had written about in here a few weeks ago.

As always, I want to publicly thank my dad, who carries the speaker amplifying my voice for the entire tour (in yesterday's case, about two hours). I also want to thank several people who shared their stories both during & after the tour. One of the reasons I do them is to learn stuff myself, and I sure did that last night.

One project down, another 650 left to go. Bring them on!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment