Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday, 6/28

Yes? No? Maybe?

I've explained in here one of the things I want to do this summer; namely, giving little “pop-up” tours for the History Center. The concept behind them is easy; if I have a free evening and notice the weather's going to be nice I put out the word that, say, the next evening I'll be strolling around Lower Harbor and talking about the history of the docks. Anyone who wants to join us can.

Sound simple and kind of sweet, right? Well, would you mind letting Mother Nature in on the secret?

Ever since I came up with the idea, on every single night when I had some free time the weather didn't cooperate. Rain was in the forecast every single time, although most of the evenings it DIDN'T rain. However, the whole idea was to put out the word about a tour and not have to worry about the weather.

Because worrying about the weather kind of, you know, defeats the purpose of it.

I mention this because as of this weekend I was kind of thinking about doing one this upcoming Wednesday night. I have the evening free, and up until last night the forecast called for mostly sunny skies. However, Mother Nature must've gotten word about our plans, because now it says there's a 40% chance of rain after 4 pm. And since (checking here) the planned 630 pm start time is a little after 430, there's a 40% chance of rain during tour time.

That's not gonna work.

I still have a little time to make the call. Technically, under the rules I set up, I don't even need to make a decision about it until tomorrow morning. And maybe things will clear up by then. I certainly hope so. But the way the weather's been cooperating with this plan so far, I'm not holding out too much hope. Of course, the forecast is almost perfect for Thursday evening, another night I'm free, but that's when the History Center's doing their cemetery tour, postponed last week because of (you guessed it) rain. But Wednesday?

Not so much.

So, if you would, keep your fingers crossed that the forecast changes and by tomorrow morning at the latest we can get this thing scheduled. If not, because of the upcoming holiday & stuff, it might be a while before we can get one going again.

We'll just have to wait & see...

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment