Monday, June 14, 2021

Monday, 6/14

 It's a good thing I remembered.

As I was out running this morning I was going through the list of everything I've done in the past 72 hours. I spent chunks of two days shooting video, I took care of 10,000 (give or take 9,992) errands, and I even spent a little time with Loraine looking for our marriage license.

(And, as a side note, if we can't find it does that mean we're free to date other people?)*

8-)

But there was something nagging at me while I mentally running through the list. It seems like there something else I had meant to do but totally forgot. I wasn't sure if I was just imaging it or not, but there was something in the back of my head telling me there was one more thing I had planned on doing but hadn't yet done.

When I got home I, as usual, grabbed something to eat and then jumped in the shower, two things I do every Monday. And that is when I remembered what else I had forgotten to do. You see, with running and showering and breakfasting and everything else going on, my Monday mornings are usually very busy, so I try to take care of a few things the day before. That's when it struck me. That's when I remembered the one thing my brain was trying to tell me I'd forgotten to do.

I had forgotten to write my blog—this one you're reading right now.

Oops.

So in the (looking at the clock here) 12 minutes since then, I've turned on my laptop and pounded these words out. Any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors? You know why. Any garbed syntax or very wordy run on sentences? Blame the (now) 13 minutes. Me running 13 minutes behind schedule and now having my entire morning routine thrown off?

That's all on me.

Sigh. Sometimes I amaze even myself. It's usually not in a good way, but sometimes I amaze even myself.

(jim@wmqt.com)

* That's a joke, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment