Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday, 9/1

 Tomorrow, I should've been leaving for France.

Today, in a just world, I would've been working to get all those last minute details ready so we could leave. But because we don't seem to live in a just world any more, today is simply Tuesday.

Tomorrow, then, is just simply Wednesday.

Today, instead of taking care of those last minute things and then looking forward to traveling somewhere exciting tomorrow, I instead get to wonder just how in the world British Airways “lost” the $82 we paid for seat assignments after American canceled the co-share flight on which we were book.

Tomorrow, I'll probably still be shaking my head wondering how anyone deals with airlines without losing a big part of their sanity and a small part of their soul.

Today, I won't have to check the weather forecasts in two different states and three different countries, making sure that we won't have any possible delays or disruptions.

Tomorrow, I'll bemoan the fact that it's supposed to be in the 80s in the places we were supposed to be visiting the first few days.

Today, I'll feel sad for the 40,000+ Americans who will catch Covid-19 and the 1,000+ who will die of it.

Tomorrow, I'll feel disgusted by the national leaders and the governors of certain states who allowed that to happen, thereby putting US citizens not only in mortal danger, but unable to go anywhere else on this planet.

Today I'm wistful about what could have happened..

Tomorrow, I'll be bummed about what didn't.

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment