Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wednesday, 7/1


I'm still VERY up in the air about it.

If you've been reading these the past few months you know that I've been letting my Corona-hair grow. Except for little trim of scraggly hairs here and there, I've been letting it blossom since the beginning of March, and now it's feathery and curly and, basically, out of control.

You can't see most of it in this picture, but it might give you an idea of what it looks like.



I'm up in the air about keeping it for two reasons. One is that it, at the moment, looks a little wild. It looks like I haven't gotten it cut in almost four months. It's like it's in the middle of doing what I want it to do—grow out. In a couple of weeks it might look amazing, like a chiseled adult, but for right now it looks like a 14-year old with braces and acne.

So I'm willing to let things slide on that account.

However, as my hair's getting longer the (ahem) gray in it is a little more noticeable. I shouldn't be surprised; while my hair's a combination of black & gray on top most of the hair underneath is quite gray, and since I now have more of it showing it just goes to reason that what's popping out is that color (or more to the point, that lack of color).

Maybe this is just my pride, but the gray bothers me more than the out-of-control aspect of it. With it all feathery and curly I could convince myself that I look like I just came in from surfing or something. But with the gray hair flying everywhere?

Well, it's everything I can do not to convince myself I just came in from the nursing home.

I have a hair appointment a week from today. I have no idea if it'll just be a little neatening or if it'll be a full blown get-rid-of-the-gray cut. Between now and then I'll probably change my mind several dozen times.

I guess we'll find out which way I go in a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment