Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday, 7/17


I wonder if I'll even be able to do Christmas cookies this year?

Yes, I know I just wrote yesterday about how I'm loving summer and no, I don't want it to end so we can get to the holidaze. In fact, I want anything BUT that to happen. But as I was going through a stack of stuff last night trying to find something I came across a cookie recipe from last Christmas that I was thinking of doing this Christmas.

Assuming, of course, I actually get to do cookies.

I mean, I'll be able to bake as many cookies as I want. That's not a problem. But I usually give away almost every single cookie I make to family & friends. At least, that's what I do in a normal year. 2020, of course, is anything BUT a normal year. Everyone's very conscious about giving and getting gifts, and handling stuff that comes from outside your home. I get that. I do that myself. So if the holidaze roll around and all this virus stuff is still hanging on, who's gonna want to get a bunch of cookies from someone as a gift?

I'm guessing not many people. And that's why I was wondering if I'll get to do Christmas cookies—as usual—this year.

Of course, a lot can change before then. Maybe science will discover a vaccine quicker than assumed and we can all go on with our lives. But based on how things have gone and how things seem to be going, I'm guessing that's not gonna happen. It would not surprise me one bit if things steadily became worse, especially in the US where no one seems to care about trying to slow down the pandemic. And by the time December rolls around? Who knows what the heck things will be like.

And that's why, for one of the few times in my life, I'm not very optimistic.

We'll see how it goes as the months wear on. I would certainly love to make the cookies as I usually do, and them give them to family and friends so they can devour the calories and spare me the weight gain. I'm just pretty certain that that won't be happening, at least this year.

On that cheery note have a great weekend. If you feel like it, enjoy a cookie or two yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment