Thursday, July 9, 2020

Friday, 7/10


I don't have a lot of time to write this morning, as I have to meet up with my drone guy (and yes, I now have a drone guy) to go over some of the stuff we're shooting the next few days for “Third Street: Day & Night”. But I did want to make mention that I won't be able to do something I've done every weekend for over a decade now.

I won't be able to go to Farmer Q's.

In case you haven't heard, Marquette's favorite produce stand closed a few days ago, ahead of a transition from selling fruits and vegetables to selling something else that grows (and is now newly legal in Michigan). I've been a fan of the store since they opened on Washington Street, and the walk that Loraine and I have made almost every weekend since to South Marquette (even through some pretty nasty weather) will no longer be.

Bummer.

I wish Tom & Sue the best in their new endevour, and I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to pick up fresh Michigan cherries or toasted pumpkin seeds whenever I feel like. But things change, even moreso than usual this year, and I'm sure I'll (somehow) adapt.

Loraine and I will just have to find someplace else to walk on our Saturday mornings.

With that in mind, I have to scoot. Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment