Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday, 7/27


I'm thinking purple.

That's right; it's time for another installment in the ongoing saga that's my Corona-hair. For those of you who need to get caught up, I've purposely not had my hair cut since the beginning of March. It has turned into a feathery, wavy, and now curly mass of black and gray, and the more it grows out the more the gray becomes apparent.

And I'm not overly thrilled about that particular aspect of it.

Sure...almost every single woman I ask mentions that the gray makes me looked “distinguished”, which I'm hoping isn't a code word for “old”. And I was okay with it when I had shorter hair. But now that it's flying around every which way out of my head? I'm not so sure.

So I'm mulling over a plan. Back when I used to dress up to scare neighborhood kids every Halloween there were several times when I tried to put some weird colors in my hair, just to heighten the ghoulish effect for which I was shooting. But because my hair was so dark, you could never see it. That has led me to think. which, as we all know, can be a very dangerous thing--

If I dyed my hair purple, would the same thing happen? Would the hair that I have that's still black not be affected, and would the (much) lighter gray hair soak up the color, basically giving me dark hair with subtle purple highlights?

See where I'm going with this?

I've been seeing a lot of people doing colorful things with their hair since the whole...fantastic experience that's been 2020 started. That's what kind of inspired me to start thinking about this. Sure, I know a lot of hair experiments, especially the at-home ones, didn't turn out too well. But I have also noticed a couple that have looked amazing, and I'm hoping that I'd tend toward that, especially if I had a professional do it.

We'll see. I'm not committing to anything just yet. But if we happen to run into each other in a few weeks and you notice that either I have purple highlights in my hair or I look like Barney, you'll know which route I chose.


No comments:

Post a Comment