Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thursday, 10/31


Well, I made it, just under the wire. I managed to watch “It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” before Halloween actually occurred.

I'm so proud of myself.

As you may recall I was mentioning last week that I seem to have become a Halloween Scrooge, in that I don't dress up, I don't give out candy, I don't decorate, and I don't go to parties. In fact, the only Halloween tradition I do seem to have is a yearly viewing of “Pumpkin” assuming, of course, I can find the DVD. Well, I found it, I popped it in, and I watched it, continuing my one Halloween tradition. Unless, of course, you count my saying the lines along with the cartoon characters as a tradition while Loraine laughs and/or rolls her eyes in the next room. Then I have two traditions.

I say the lines along with the characters because I've seen the cartoon what...50 times in my life? And after you watch it that many times you tend to know what's coming up next. In fact, it's so bad that I bought a soundtrack CD for the show last year. All it has it the background music as it's presented in the show. Listening to it the first time I was actually saying the lines as the music cues came through the speakers.

And if you think Loraine rolls her eyes when I do that while watching the cartoon, you should have seen her when I was doing it while listening to the CD!

But now that's done, and that means that my one Halloween tradition for the year is complete. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I'm hoping to revive another one later today. When they were young, my sister used to bring her daughters over to show me their costumes. Because they're now in their 20s it's been awhile since that occurred. But now, my brother has two sons, aged 3 and 1. And guess who's coming to the station later today to show Uncle Jimmy their matching Hobbit costumes?

So there you go. Maybe I'm not quite as much of a Halloween Scrooge as I thought. On that note, have yourself a great Halloween. If you dress up, I hope you win an award. If you give out candy, I hope you get hundreds (or just a few, if you enjoy eating all the left over chocolate you have). All in all, I just want to say--

Happy Pumpkin Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment