Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday, 10/11


Today's my “normal” day. I just have to go host a TV show. I won't be getting one of these--



The luncheon yesterday was quite nice. As I mentioned, a dozen or so people and groups were given the awards, and for some bizarre reason they gave me mine first. I know I've said it's been a surreal few months, but standing up there in front of 100 people having these nice (and funny) things said about me was just so...weird that it felt like an out-of-body experience, like they were talking about someone else and I was just standing there waiting for a bus.

You know...it was, to use my favorite overused word, surreal. But I would like to thank the Beautification and Restoration Committee for the plaque, and for everyone who said something afterwards. Even if it doesn't seem like it now, I do appreciate it. I'm sure I will even more once it sinks in and things return to “normal”.

The way things are going, though, that could be about, oh, 100 years away. But that's okay. At least I can never say I'm bored, or that I'm stuck in a rut, right?

RIGHT?

So with that, I'm off to play TV Jim for a bit. Then after a day of playing Radio Jim, History Jim has to answer a few emails and messages about the Mining Journal article I mentioned yesterday. And that's pretty much my “normal” day.

Hope your day (and you entire weekend, for that matter) is YOUR kind of “normal”!

(jim@wmqt.com), glad Loraine could sneak out of work yesterday to check out the whole affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment