Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tuesday, 10/22


I don't think I've ever been in South Marquette before noon.

I was, though, Sunday, and I was there with a purpose. As I had mentioned last week one of my Jim Koski ™ programs for the History Center next year is dual (or duel) show featuring both North & South Marquette. Since I'm adapting a walking tour for an indoor show, I'm gonna need pictures to put places & things in context. And because I don't want those pictures to be snowy and/or gloomy, I decided to take advantage of a sunny Sunday morning and shoot them.

Wanna see?

This one is looking down Division Street from near Newberry Street. I put it up on Facebook and got a ton of likes with it. I also had someone mention that it looks like New England, and you know what? I can't disagree.



Speaking of hills, here's the Genessee Street hill. I took it to show just how steep that sucker is, but I'm thinking that no picture can ever truly capture that aspect of it.



Otherwise, there are pictures of the Orianna Creek--



Of various street signs



Of a lonely looking softball field--



And of one of my favorite bits of semi-hidden South Marquette history--



I'm hoping that in the middle of January seeing pictures this sunny will brighten up the stage at Kaufman Auditorium. But you know what?” Even if they don't, it was still worth it actually going to South Marquette before noon just to take them.

Maybe I should spend a few more mornings there in the future.

*****

Before I go today I have to wish my favorite mother-in-law in the whole wide world a happy birthday. It's daily blog reader Betsy in Reese's birthday today, and it's a big one that ends in a certain digit. So happy birthday, “Mom”. Hope you have a spectacular day!



No comments:

Post a Comment