Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thursday, 8/15


Look. I'm still a freak!!

After yesterday's entry, I'm sure you're exciting to hear that I haven't changed. It's because I came across yet another interesting fact/comparison/ whatever regarding clothing, and this one may shed a little further light on why, as I was mentioning last time, that I have trouble finding pants in the proper size.

This new fact? I weigh less than the average American woman.

I was leafing through a New York Times article about the marketing of plus sized fashions when I saw the statistic that the average American woman weighs 164 pounds, and that clothing designers are, in some cases, trying to come out with lines that reflect that fact. I don’t remember exactly what the rest of the article was about, because of the fact that I realized that I weigh four pounds less than the average woman in this country.

And it’s funny; at 160 pounds, I feel like I could drop a pound or two myself, probably because I have an idea of how I want to look yet (you know, like I have muscles) don't actually have the body type to look that way. Yet I still weigh less than the average American woman. Now, me being me, I had to look up the weight of an average American man, and what I found blew my mind--

I weigh 31 pounds less than the average American man, who clocks in at 191 pounds.

Now, admittedly, I’m somewhat small boned, and you all have an idea of my exercise and eating habits. But to be 31 pounds lighter than the average American man, or four pounds lighter than the average American woman? I don’t know if that says something about me or something about the country as a whole, but I sure know it says something.

That’s just the strange fact, one in an ongoing series, that blew my mind this week. And it's more proof as to why, like I said, yesterday, it's almost impossible for me to find pants that fit.

It's not easy being me. Really, it's not.

8-)



No comments:

Post a Comment