Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, 3/13


For once on my walk to work I didn’t mind turning around and going back home.

You see, I seem to do that (turning around and going back home) quite a bit. I get a block away from my apartment, realize I forgot a CD or a document or a flash drive that I’ll need, and go back to get it, all the while muttering under my breath. In fact, some weeks, I hafta chuckle to myself if it DOESN’T happen, because it just doesn’t seem right.

Yesterday morning, though, was different. I had everything I needed, hopped out of my apartment, and began the long 3-block trek to work. It didn’t take me long to realize, though, that I hadn’t planned on something, and that “something” almost made me jump for joy. You see, as soon as I stepped outside, my retinas screamed and I had to close my eyes.

The sun was out. Not only was the sun was out, but it was high enough in the sky--and bright enough both in the sky and reflecting off the snow--that for the first time in 3 or 4 months I actually needed sunglasses to step out my door.

It was glorious, and it was a JOY to turn around, head back home, and dig out those long-neglected sunglasses. Why? Because (with any luck, although this year you never know) it means I’ll now be wearing them for the next 8 months. Because despite the snow, despite the cold, despite the freezing rain, despite the weeks upon weeks of clouds, and despite everything else that's been thrown at us since (my gosh) the end of September, there are 2 unstoppable forces on the way.

We know those two forces as Spring and Summer. And especially with schools being closed today because of icy roads, I have the feeling that I'm not the only one who can't wait for them to appear.

******

Tomorrow, I talk about something vitally important, not only to me but to the best interests of our nation, as well. Make sure you don't miss it.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment