Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday, 3/8


Just a couple of nonsensical things today before I head off to TV land, things that probably only I care about.

The first? While I commend the city of Marquette for the great job they've done in removing the 800 feet of snow we've received recently, I do have a question about their priorities in cleaning sidewalks. For instance, I live on Front Street in Marquette, one of the busiest streets in the city, just a few blocks from not only an elementary school but a fire station, as well. Our sidewalks still have that 800 feet of snow on them, which means that parents walking their kids to school and dorks walking to work have to walk out in the street, dodging traffic and fire trucks. Yet two blocks to the east, the sidewalks on Pine Street are fully cleared off. You can walk on them safely and easily.

Now, I realize Pine Street is another busy street, but I don't believe it's busier than Front. And I know for sure it has neither an elementary school nor a fire station on it. Yet that street's sidewalks are cleared off while the sidewalks on Front aren't. So if you happen to be driving up Front Street and notice a lot of pedestrians try to get where they're going (and get their alive), don't mutter under your breath at us.

It's not out fault.

The other thing? It has to do with the TV I'm about to shoot. I've been hosting “High School Bowl” for five years now, and never once have I noticed that the buzzer that sounds when the students ring in for a question sounds different depending upon who's buzzing it. Seriously; when we were getting ready to shoot half a show Wednesday we were testing it out and noticed that if a student from the top row buzzes in the sounds goes up on the scale, while if a student on the bottom buzzes in it goes down. There were a bunch of us standing around just amazed by the fact that we've never noticed it.

But then, I guess, we're easily amazed. Next time you watch an episode check it out and see if you notice it quicker than we did.

Okay; I'm off to the place where the buzzer sounds different depending upon who buzzes in. Have a great weekend; don't forget to set your clocks back, either!



No comments:

Post a Comment