Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tuesday, 3/5


It’s sad. It’s just really, really sad.

Here’s a short clip of the blog I wrote four years around this date; in fact, right as "The Streak" was beginning--

All it took was a 15-minute span around 1pm, when I went out and took a walk around downtown Marquette, a downtown Marquette filled with sun and a temperature approaching 60 degrees.

It‘s been a long time since I was able to do that, to just go out and enjoy the sun and the “heat”. Now, I realize that compared to, say, July, this was nothing, but after 5 long months of temps below 50 (with very low seasonal sun angles) it was nice to get out and “feel” the first taste of the summer to come.

And I know I wasn’t the only one enjoying it, The people I passed on the street all had an extra spring in their steps, and I noticed things I haven’t seen in months, like the young lady with neon orange hair sitting on the steps of old City Hall, the young couple walking down the street, hand-in-hand and oblivious to everything but love, and the guy running up Front Street hill without a shirt, but wearing a hat & gloves.”

That’s right. Four years ago almost today, the temperature pushed 60. SIXTY. Six-zero. Within 20 degrees of 80. Or, if you wanna think of it this way. . .

50 degrees WARMER than it’s scheduled to be today.

Sigh.

For once, I know I’m not the only one sighing heavily. Even if I had 6 hands, I wouldn’t be able to count the number of people who’s mentioned to me that they’re sick & tired of the cold, they’re sick & tired of the snow, and they’re just ready to have something. . .else. Something like the day we had four years ago. Definitely nothing at all like the weather which we’ve lived through for the last several months.

Once again, sigh. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that, at least for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment