Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thursday, 10/5

Well. It looks like I got lucky on this one.

I had to make cookies yesterday, and decided that I wanted to cash in on pumpkin mania by making pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies. I mean, think of it this way—it's fall, so pumpkins are in season right now, and it's chocolate, which is, you know, CHOCOLATE, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. And with two small exceptions, I didn't.

The first occurred when I bought the can of pumpkin for the cookies last weekend at a local grocery store (the same trip that led to my finding the $10 in the recycling bin I wrote about yesterday). Because I don't buy pumpkin that often, and because the store at which I was shopping was recently remodeled, I had a bear of a time actually finding the pumpkin. I figured it would be with canned vegetables; I was wrong. I then guessed it would be in with the rest of the canned fruit (pumpkin, of course, being a fruit. Once again, I was wrong.

If you're curious, I finally found it in the baking aisle with the flour and sugar. Go figure. But at least now I know.

I found a recipe that I could (hopefully) adapt to become a pumpkin chocolate-chip cookie, and mixed everything up. When I finished, the dough looked a little...thin, for the lack of a better word. So I kept adding small amounts of flower and oatmeal, hoping that it would work out. And it eventually did. The only problem? Well, as I found out when baking, a recipe that should've made three dozen cookies ended up making four dozen. Although now that I think about it, that really isn't as problem so much as it was a hidden treasure.

I guess not all problems are bad problems!

Someone once told me that I need to post more recipes of my little “experiments” in here, so without further ado...

Mix a cup of butter, 3/4ths of a cup of white sugar, and 3/4ths of a cup of brown sugar. Add a teaspoon of vanilla, a cup of pumpkin, and an egg. In a separate bowl, mix two and a half cups of flour, a cup of oatmeal, a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and a teaspoon of nutmeg. Throw it in the wet mixture and, well, mix. When done, add as many chocolate chips as you'd like (I used most of a bag, but that's just me)., Heat your oven to 350, bake for 12 minutes until brown, cool, and eat.

And eat as many as you'd like, because they're really, really good. Just don't forget where you can find your pumpkin at the grocery store!

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment