Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday, 10/12

I'm having trouble remembering what day of the week it is.

Now, I'm sure those of you well-versed in being a smart aleck are at this moment shouting out something like “Jim, you're getting old. Pretty soon, you'll be forgetting where you put your teeth”, and the sad thing is you may be right. Add to that the fact that I've always had a problem remembering what day it is, and you wouldn't think it's be that big of a deal.

But it is.

Three times so far this week I've had to figure out what day it is, and that's a bit of a surprise. After all, my life is rather regimented; I have to do certain things on certain days, and you think that would be ingrained in my brain. But it doesn't appear to be. Thankfully, I haven't missed being where I'm supposed to be, but the way things are going, you never know.

The strange thing is that I'm wondering if our trip to Europe is, at least partially, to blame. And lest you think I'm weird (okay, weirder than normal), let me explain. During the 11 days we were traveling I didn't need to know what day of the week it was. It was blissful; I didn't know if it was Saturday or Monday or Wednesday. I just went where I was told, and I was able to zone out any thoughts of time or day.

But since getting back and having to zone IN any thoughts or time or day; well, that's when it's been a bit problematic. It's not ongoing, but like I said it's a pain when you have to ask someone what day of the week it is, and have to do that three or four times a week. You'd think I'd be back in the groove by now, but apparently I'm not. Is that the fault of those blissful 11 days on the road? Is it the fault of (gulp) being on the on-ramp of starting to forget where I put my teeth? Or is it just a by-product of having so many things going on?

First, I forget I wrote a 3,000 word article. Now I keep forgetting what day it is. It's been a weird week, hasn't it?

Never fear. I have the feeling that now the problem's been identified and talked through, that it'll slowly disappear. That's usually what happened what something strange occurs in my life. I write about it here, you guys act as my online shrink, and things work out.

So I appreciate it. I'd give you the $150 an hour a real shrink gets, but I have this guy feeling I'd forget to pay you. After all, that's how I roll these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment