Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday, 10/27

It's going well, thanks for asking.

I've had a couple of people recently inquire about how the new season of “High School Bowl” is going, and I'm happy to say that the 40th year of the show is, for the most part, cruising along at warp speed. The students have been a blast, the technical issues minor, and the host has only made a fool of himself on an occasional basis.

That's a good thing.

The one strange thing about the season so far is that we've been shooting it in chunks here and there. Because of a wicked number of scheduling problems we've been shooting part of one show one week and the other part of it a few days (or even weeks) later. For instance, in a few minutes I'll be heading out to shoot the first half of the season's third show. We shot the second half of the show three weeks ago. Yet (hopefully) thanks to the magic of TV you won't notice it when it airs. However, if you're wondering why my hair appears to be three weeks longer in the first half of the show than in the second (shot the day after I got a haircut), you now know our little secret.

Just don't tell anyone.

The other fun aspect of that would be the chart on my wall, the chart telling me what clothing I have to wear on what day. Because I have to be seen wearing the same clothes in both halves of the same show I had to come up with a handy reminder of what I need to wear when in order to make the programs line up. It's funny; I never thought my life would include a wardrobe chart like that, but it just goes to show you--

Life can be strange some times.

And with that, I hate to cut this short, but I do hafta head out in a few to shoot that first half of the show. I have on the black shirt with the purple tie, so I'm all set to go in that regard. As for the hair that's three weeks longer; well, there's nothing I can do about that. But it'll be interesting to see if anyone's actually paying attention enough to notice.

At least those of you who aren't in on the little secret.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm Stay dry. And remember—the new season of the show starts a week from tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment