Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday, 10/26

I hafta wonder—are the flowers even around after Tuesday's storm?

As you've probably figured out by now, Marquette has had some weird and wacky weather the past few days. And it wasn't just Hurricane Toivo Tuesday or the snow that fell outside the city Wednesday. Nope, the weird weather actually began Saturday when we had a late October day that was sunny and 75 degrees. It's hard to believe we went from sunny & 75 to snow in a space of a few days, but that's the U.P. for you. Anyway, one of the things I noticed while out playing in the sun Saturday was that the warm fall we've had (or at least up until Tuesday) had allowed all kinds of late blooming plants to bloom. In fact, Marquette has become a cornucopia of colors over the past few weeks, and while I don't know if any (or all) of them survived the past few days, I was able to preserve some of that color thanks to my never-ending quest to take every single picture I can ever take.

Just what kind of colors could you have seen if you were out this past Saturday? Well, you could've seen lots of purple--



Lots of orange--



Lots of pink & yellow--



Lots of red & yellow--



Lots of magenta (with a splash of yellow)--





And lots of...well, I'm not quite sure how you'd describe this color (salmon, maybe?), but you could see lots of it everywhere--



You could also see that the city was getting ready for Halloween--



As were people all around town--



In fact, I'm thinking some people were even trying to get into game shape for their Halloween party--



After all, you don't just wanna jump into a Halloween party without warming up, right?  You wanna stretch. You wanna warm up. You wanna make sure you don't pull anything and you're ready to go as you're getting ready to kill several thousand brain cells.

I'm still trying to figure out why the jar of pickles is there, though.

All that was just a few days ago in the warm sun. Now, if you'll excuse me, I hafta go running, in below freezing temperatures for the first time since (I think) the beginning of March. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment