Now, I get to see on which side of the issue everyone falls.
While my TV piece last night did, as always, contain a few jokes, it dealt with an issue that seems to bother a lot more people than I thought it would--the issue of dog owners letting their animals run unleashed.
A couple of weeks ago, on one of my half days, I took my bike and a soccer ball out to Kaufman to run around, and while I was there a car (a blue Subaru, if you're curious) pulled up right in front of a sign that says "no dogs allowed". The back door of the car opened, a dog ran out unleashed and unsupervised, bounded onto the pitch, squatted down, left a big fat calling card, and then ran back into the blue Subaru, after which the car drove away rather quickly.
I was stunned by what I saw; not just the violation of three city ordinances within 30 seconds, but also by the sheer braziness of the people in the car. I'm pretty sure they knew that what they were doing was wrong; after all, they hid in the car while all this was happening. So when I got home I put three hypothetical situations in which someone does something ignorant (like an unleashed dog) on social media, asked people which was the worst, and waited to see what would transpire.
Over 200 responses later, I had my answer.
And that's what led to yesterday's TV piece. Because I was doing that podcast last night I didn't get the chance to post it right away, so I'm gonna wait until later today and stick it up. I'll be curious to see if TV 19 fans are like the people I know on Facebook, or if they're of a different mindset. All I know is that the whole adventure has opened my eyes a little as to what people say is or is not acceptable, and it's nice to know that (for once) I happen to be in the mainstream of acceptability.
Here's the TV piece, so you can judge for yourself--
No comments:
Post a Comment