Thursday, August 13, 2026

Thursday, 8/13

To me, the picture just seems like summer. But maybe that's just me.

I was going through pictures I've taken on my journeys the past few weeks, and one popped and just made me stare at it. I don't necessarily remember taking the exact picture, although I do remember walking along the South Beach bike path and snapping a shot here and there. But when I looked at it again last night, the first thought that popped into my head was that this image takes all that's good and right about summer and encapsulates it in one shot.

That picture?



Like I said, I don't remember shooting that particular image. But to see the flower, the bug upon the flower, the beach, the lake, the sun, and the sense of warmth that it all invokes; well, to me, at least, it's the perfect picture of a summer day.

And somehow, I was lucky enough to capture it.

That's the funny thing about photography; even if you have no skill at it, every so often you'll get lucky, be in the right place at the right time, and capture something unexpected. As I said, I don't remember taking the picture, and at the time didn't think much of it. I probably didn't notice the bug, or the shoreline, or anything other than the flower. Yet, some how, some way, it all came together in one shot.

Thankfully, it came together for me.

The both path along South Beach is one of my favorite places in Marquette, for several different reasons. However, until the past week or so, one of those reasons was NOT because you could take amazing pictures there.

However, after this shot, that reason is going on the list.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment