Thursday, August 27, 2026

Thursday, 8/27

Today's my "normal" day.

First of all, if you're wondering how "Happy Hour II" went last night, here's how "Happy Hour II" went last night--




I had no idea how it would turn out, especially with the rain showers and the threat of storms we had throughout the day, but 170 or so people joined us. I just knew that after the success we had with it last year, and the fact that many people asked if we'd be doing it again, that we HAD to do it again.

And I'm guessing that was a good decision.

As I had mentioned on Monday, this is an insane week--TV the first two days, the tour last night, and a Lake Superior Theater show tomorrow night. That means that day is the "normal" day of my week. Now, as we all know, there's literally nothing normal about my life, but if you had to submit a photo as to what a "normal" day night be like, it would be today--working in radio for eight hours, going home to write a bunch of crap, and making sure that everything is ready for both the boathouse show tomorrow night and for the jaunt Loraine and I are taking to see her dad next weekend.

And who know--I may even get five minutes just to stare out the window and try to relax.

If that, indeed, is even possible any more.

As we know, while I may comment about weeks like these, I am not in any way complaining about weeks like these. This is the life I lead, and as I've mentioned before, I wouldn't trace it for anything in the world. I enjoy what I do, even if I (on occasion) wish it were spread out a little more. But you know what? You can't have everything. And even if you did, to quote Stephen Wright, where would you keep it?

8-)

So that's where things stand, at least as of this morning. I'm now off to have a "normal" day. As if, of course, anything in my life could actually ever BE normal.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment