Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday, 8/10

I think today's going to be an interesting day.

I mean, it's actually been a couple of interesting weeks what with a bunch of events (like Ore to Shore this past weekend) adding to the chaos of every day life. But today, I have the feeling, is going to be one of those days when I say "my life is weird", because I have a full day of radio to start with, then a TV piece that I have the feeling may rub some people the wrong way, then the taping of a video podcast where I talk about the history of Marquette's harbor.

So yup. My life is weird.

I'll talk about the TV piece (and the story behind it) tomorrow, but I'm curious to see how the podcast turns out. It's being done by a local guy who's getting into the tour business, and one of the things he wants to emphasis on the tour is local history. For some bizarre reason, when you think of local history, my name seems to pop up (really??? 8-)) and so I'll be his next guest, following the esteemed Jack Deo by just a few weeks.

Once I get a link to the finished product, I'll be sure to share it.

I'm also sitting down with a couple of individuals over the next few days to hear bar stories from the 70s as part of my upcoming "Happy Hour II" tour. One would think that, after a while, I would have heard all there is about the bar scene in Marquette during that magical decade when the drinking age was 18, but you know what?

There seems to be no limit to the debauchery that occurred those mystical eight years. And you know what? I'm all the luckier for it.

So wish me luck. It's gonna be a hectic week but, I think, a very fruitful one. And don't be surprised if, over the next few days, you hear me uttering the fateful line that now seems to be my mantra--

My life is weird.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment