Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Tuesday, 1/12

 Well, this is turning out to be quite the epic.

I haven't mentioned it much, but I've been hard at work putting together the video version of “Skiing, Skating, and Slapshots”, the program Jack Deo & I were planning on giving at Kaufman Auditorium. In the Before Times, it was slated to premiere next Thursday, the 21st. But because this is the 41st of December, 2020, and there's still the virus raging around the country, we're just doing a video version, instead.

All one hour and 45 minutes of it.

While the concept, the stories, and the pictures are mostly Jack's (in this one, I'm the Ed McMahon to his Johnny Carson) I'm the one who's actually putting it together. We recorded the audio one day, I've been editing all of his pictures to that, and I'm also putting together interview packages with people who've been involved, in a historical sense, with skiing, figure skating, and hockey.

And now it's almost done.

I'll have the final edit completed and the full mastered production rendered (a time consuming process) by the end of the week, at which time it goes to NMU for DVD burning and the History Center for downloading. Then, everyone gets to see it—the pictures that Jack collected, the interviews I did, and some other amazing stuff no one had seen for decades, including color movie footage shot by TV-6 of the old Marquette Iron Rangers playing at the Palestra.

That alone should be worth the $15.

So if you're bored January 21st or anytime thereafter, we have this almost two-hour epic for you to check out, either on DVD or via download. I've seen every single portion of it a hundred or so times, and I hope you'll trust me when I say this--

It's really cool!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment