Friday, January 8, 2021

Friday, 1/8

 I'm gonna try something almost unprecedented a week from today. I have no idea if it'll work, but I'm gonna try it anyway.

I'm taking the day off next Friday.

I know; shocking, isn't it? And a bit surprising, seeing as how I've actually had two of the three last Fridays off because of the holidays. But since I have almost two years of accumulated vacation time to use up, because Fridays are about the only day I can take off without causing myself a crapload of extra work, and because (assuming Covid restrictions are lifted) high school basketball begins the Friday after my proposed day off, I figure that it was next Friday or never.

Wish me luck.

Now, because I'm actually the only person working here, that just doesn't mean that I can take the day off and not care about it. Nope; I have to make sure everything for the weekend after my day off is done, and I also have to make sure that there's something on the air while I'm not. And that's why next Friday you'll be hearing “best of” bits,so I can actually be on the air without actually being here.

Besides, these were bits that I was going to use when I was supposed to go to Germany last year. And then I was going to use them when I was supposed to go to France last year. At least this way they'll get used.

So wish me luck. I think I can pull it off, and if so it should serve as a test run should I ever want to take, say, a week off.

You know, like a normal person.

Have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment