Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday, 1/14

 It looks like it's gonna work. It looks like I'm actually going to get a day off.

I had written in here last week about taking tomorrow off, which would be my first non-holiday vacation day since the pandemic began. Well, the stars have aligned. Hell has frozen over. The Lions have gone to the Super Bowl.

Well...that last hasn't happened, and quite probably never will. But I get to take a day off, so maybe there's hope for even the Lions. You never know.

I had planned on taking tomorrow off for a couple of reasons, one being so I could work on the “Skiing, Skating, and Slapshots” video I'm putting together for the History Center. However, I finished that last night. And I had planned on using the extra time to go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing and not have to rush through the activity. However, there's hardly any snow on the ground, so that's been rendered moot, as well.

So what am I going to do? Well, I can sleep late. I can go running, and then take a nap. I can try to spend as much of the $600 in stimulus money I have on as many locally owned places as possible, and then take another nap once the money's gone. And then I can...

Well, it really doesn't matter what I do. I have the day off tomorrow, and that's all that matters. I can do whatever I want whenever I want, and since that will be such a huge change from the last 10 months of my life, that's all that matters.

There won't be one of these tomorrow, and there will be a “best of” afternoon full of stuff on the air. Hopefully; that's okay. And if not, well, you know what?

I'm on vacation tomorrow. I'll deal with any complaints on Monday.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment