Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tuesday, 12/5

I was able to do one of them yesterday. Unfortunately, I couldn't do both.

Another birthday has come and gone, and first of all I'd like to thank everyone who sent along their best wishes, whether in person or online. I do appreciate each and every one of them.

I was kind of surprised when a small yet sizable subset of those people asked if I was going to repeat “Birthday at the Beach” yesterday. For those of you who don't recall, two years ago it was 60 and sunny in Marquette on my birthday, so I spent a little time at the beach that day. After all, if you have a December birthday, you don't often get to spend that birthday at the beach. When I did it, I was SHOCKED by the number of people who thought it was an amazing idea; even Loraine had a bunch of her co-workers ask if I went to the beach that day. And based on the comment I received yesterday the concept must've made quite the impression.

So sorry to disappoint everyone, but rain and temperatures in the 40s (and skies so dark the streets lights stayed on all day) wasn't exactly beach weather, even for someone who would go to the beach every day if he could. But trust me—if it's ever warm & sunny again on my birthday, we're ALL going to the beach.

You have no choice in the matter, apparently.

However, I was able to do one thing on my birthday that's just as quirky and just as strange. Remember last month when I wrote a blog about wearing shorts to run at least once every month this year? Well, I completed the cycle yesterday morning; since, as I mentioned, it was 44 degrees, well above the 32 degree minimum for wearing shorts while running, I did something I never thought I'd be able to do (or, at least be able to do while I was still in possession of most (if not all) of my faculties)--I have now run in shorts at least once a month every month of a calendar year.

Who would've thought.

Finally, before I go, I have to thank my young friend Jaxon for one of the most unique gifts I've received recently--



How many of YOU have a hand-made cow Christmas ornament? I thought so!


No comments:

Post a Comment