Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday, 12/4

Well, I made it through the weekend. And I didn't explode!

That's right; those two days of (basically) non-stop gnoshing and snacking that I wrote about Friday are now over. The Greek food was, as always, amazing, the baked goods we picked up at sales and ate at the Library Open House were yummy, and the (early) birthday treat of pumpkin bars and mint chocolate chip ice cream was scarfed down with abandoned.

Now, I just need to figure out how I'm gonna eat all the extra pumpkin bars I brought home.

A couple of years ago someone asked me why I have pumpkin bars instead of a birthday cake when the anniversary of my world premiere rolls around, and I have no real answer for them, other than to perhaps say that I don't like to do what everyone else does. I know that's not a real answer; the answer is that I just really like pumpkin bars. At one point in my life my mom made pumpkin bars instead if a birthday cake, and it's stuck ever since.

Not that I would have it any other way.

I in no way mind taking all those extra pumpkin bars home; I would eat them every day if I could. I'd probably be 1,000 pounds heavier than I am, but I'd eat still eat them every day if I could. I just wish, on occasion, that church bazaar day, the day on which I eat more food than perhaps any other, wasn't so close to my birthday. It'd be nice to spread it all out a little, you know? And there have been many years when church bazaar day falls on my actual birthday, so in one intensive 24 hour period I'm bombarded with all the food I've been describing the last few days. That always take a while to get over.

Luckily, though, not this year. Now, I have a couple of days to rest, recover, and eat nothing but fruits and vegetables in a vain attempt to clear my body of all the delicious yumminess I've been consuming. And yes, I DO remember I have all those leftover pumpkin bars to finish. The good thing about that?

Pumpkins are technically a fruit, so I can try to convince myself I'm actually eating with my health in mind. I'm just not so sure I'd actually believe what I'm trying to sell.


No comments:

Post a Comment