Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tuesday, 11/8

Well, you made it. Welcome to Election Day.

Because I know everyone seems to have been on roller-coaster of feelings, ranging from anxiety to disgust, lo these past 18 months, I am going to offer nothing political today. In fact, to help cleanse your palette, I made a very big sacrifice over the weekend.

I spent a whole lot of time outside this weekend in 70-degree temperatures with a camera. No; you don't need to thank me. It was a sacrifice I was happy to make.

Actually, I was astounded by what I saw while out with my camera. Because we've had such a mild and unbelievably bizarre Autumn, there are still flowers everywhere. In fact, outside of the Marquette Food Co-op, there are sunflowers that are just starting to bloom. So with that in mind, and knowing that science shows people actually become calmer when looking at flowers, here's what Marquette had to offer this past weekend to help you survive Election Day.

Marquette offered purple--



And orange--



And magenta--



And yellow--



And a mix of red & white--



And even a rose for good measure--



Marquette also offered one of the most orange trees I've ever seen--



And a few funky things, as well, including someone (or something) getting their yard work done--



As well as a murder scene, compliments of a college party on a warm Saturday night--


Looking at these pictures, it's hard to believe we're now into the second week of November. You usually associate this time of the year with the Gales of November, and not the Beach Days of November. But just like with the election, I think 2016 is also turning out to be a weird one for the weather, and for everything still growing in the city of Marquette. So if you need a break from watching the election results roll in tonight, these pictures will be here.

It's the least I could do.


No comments:

Post a Comment