Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday, 11/28

Have you started to eat again yet?

It’s funny, but every year after Thanksgiving dinner I always swear that I’m never gonna eat another morsel of food again, for as long as I live. You may know someone like that, as well. And if that someone is like me, the promise lasts until, oh, the morning after Thanksgiving, when all of a sudden and for no reason you find yourself poking around your refrigerator and coming across a slab of leftover turkey, a slab that calls out to you like a Lorelei beckoning an unsuspecting sailor. And like that Lorelei, it lures you in without you even realizing it, until it dawns upon you that you just consumed two sandwiches after swearing off food forever.

Or is that just me?

Unfortunately, and through no fault of my own, I don’t know that I’m gonna be able to return to a normal eating schedule any time soon. The reason? The whole upcoming month, sadly. I have to eat open house cookies and birthday stuff and massive amounts of Greek bake sale food this upcoming week, and then probably start making Christmas cookies the week or two after that, Christmas dinner the week after THAT, and then end the holidays by exploding before everyone’s eyes while trying to hold down whatever I end up eating on New Year’s Day.

At least, that’s the plan for the next month. I’ll let you know if those plans change.

******

Speaking of open house cookies this weekend, I'm referring to the Peter White Open House & Winter Wonderland walk on Saturday. One of the reasons I'm going is that Loraine's putting her Gold Star tree up again this year.



It's the tree she stuck together honoring the 244 men & women from Marquette County who died during World War II, a tree that we've put up the past few years but, because neither of us had the time, was put up last year. This year, though, because there's actually an extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas (thank you calendar!) we're making an effort to get it up.

So if you're at the library Saturday between 3 and 5 for the open house, make sure you check out Loraine's tree. I have to put the tree itself up tomorrow; once I do, I'll let you know exactly where it's located.



No comments:

Post a Comment