Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday, 11/11

I should've gone to the beach yesterday. Really, I should've!

For the second time in five days it hit seventy in Marquette yesterday, a fact that makes it very hard for one to believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. And it would've been a perfect day to take a beach day, except for the fact that my schedule was a little out of the ordinary this week. Instead of taping TV today like I usually do, we shot Wednesday, which means that I couldn't work ahead a little to take a little time off tomorrow.

But, then, it's the middle of November. Who in their right mind even thinks about working ahead to be able to take a few hours off to go to the beach? I mean, who aside from me?

Of course, today's not supposed to be anything like today, so I'm thinking that yesterday was a wasted beach day. Well, not “wasted”, because you don't expect to have beach days in November. But “wasted” in the sense that a surprise opportunity was there and I wasn't able to take advantage of. But, what are you gonna do? If I kept on edge trying to take beach days in November, I'd burn myself out in the, what, 15 years between each opportunity.

Oh well. At least I snuck out for a walk yesterday while it was warm. And while it wasn't the beach, it was 70 degrees in November. And I'm not gonna complain about that!

*****

Speaking of the “High School Bowl” we shot Wednesday, I don't know how it's gonna play on camera, but I think it was among the best we've done in the 2-plus years I've been hosting the show. It was just loose and goofy and fun; I hope that translates on screen. We'll find on January 7th (when it airs)!

On that note, have yourself a fantastic weekend. And depending upon where you are while reading this, get out and enjoy some beach time yourself if you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment