Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Wednesday, 3/6

I know that I, just like everyone else up here, can't stop from going on and on and on about what a weird “winter' this has been. But when you see something like this on March 4th, you can't blame us--


That's right; we're just a few hours into the month of March, a time when we're usually still skiing and snowmobiling and generally complaining about the cold & the snow. But this year? Nope; this year, we're looking at flowers popping up out of the ground in Marquette a good month or so before the snow even usually starts to melt.

So when we keep going on and on and on about what a weird “winter” this is, we're not kidding.

8-)

******

I also need to note the fact that my favorite 4-year old in the world is now my favorite 5-year old in the world! It's blows my mind that my nephew Calum is five today, but I guess when your first birthday was a week before the world shut down and it's been a blur every since...maybe it's not THAT surprising, is it?

However, he's grown up to be a cool young man. Every time he pops by the station he runs into one of our studios, pulls the mic down to his level, and has me start a recording so he can listen to back to himself. Who knows...maybe he'll follow in his favorite (okay, his only) uncle's footsteps one day.

I know he has the dorkiness down already.



Anyway, happy birthday, Calum!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment