Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tuesday, 3/19

We now have a release schedule.

I think I've been mentioning on and off in here about how I'm prepping a new series of the “Pieces of the Past” video shorts I do for the History Center. In fact, that's why I took this past Friday off, to shoot interviews & B-Roll footage, and to get a little research done. I got so much done, in fact, that I also had a little time to sit down with the amazing Emily Varga at the History Center, my cohort in getting the videos posted, and we decided that they will go up on a weekly basis beginning April 3rd.

So...yay???

Picking a date means, of course, that the new series is real. Before, I could play around with them and not really commit to doing anything. However, after sitting down with someone else and picking a date, that commitment becomes real, which means that I actually have to follow through. Not that that's a worry; I actually have the first three of them already finished, and the other (gulp) 16 are in various stages of production, but just to have a firm date means that I have to follow a schedule and get them done.

I just don't get to futz around with them, like I've done the past few months. I actually have to do them.

However, this has worked in the past, thanks to Emily, of all people. We were siting in a meeting a year and a half ago when I mentioned that I had been noodling around with my restaurant documentary “The Greasier the Spoon”. She suggested that if I had a release date that I might actually get it done, and you know what? She was right, and it was actually the kick in the butt that I needed to finish it.

Have I mentioned Emily's amazing?

So each Wednesday beginning April 3rd there will be a new video for the world to peruse on all the History Center's social media, plus my Facebook. I will, of course, be posting many of them on here, as well. Because, as you know, I never waste the opportunity to re-purpose things over and over and over.

After all, now that I actually HAVE to make them, I might as well get as much out them as possible, right?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment