Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday, 3/14

Happy Pi Day!!

(I'll take a slice of blueberry and a couple of pumpkin, if you don't mind).

But instead of pie, I'm gonna try making something else in the next few days...a pistachio raspberry cheesecake. I saw a recipe for one a few days ago, and after pondering it for those few days decided to do a variation of it. It'll consist of a graham cracker crust, four bricks of cream cheese, a big bag of ground pistachios, and a crumbled dark chocolate raspberry bar as a topping.

I'm sure it'll be yummy. And I did the math looking at all the ingredients. The whole cheesecake will be over 5,000 calories, enough to put a pound and a half of extra weight on a person.

Needless to say, I won't be eating it all myself.

I'm actually looking at the cheesecake the same way I do at all those Christmas cookies I make. I'll only eat a handful, and give the rest of them out to other people, to spread the calories around. I'm thinking I may only eat a (small) slice or two of the cheesecake. Loraine can have as much as she wants, and whatever's left either goes out to friends or to Loraine's co-workers, who have a seemingly inexhaustible ability to devour whatever's brought in.

Even if it's several thousand calories of cheesecake.

I haven't made a cheesecake in a bit, so I'll be curious to see how it turns out. I am, however, taking into account that it IS a cheesecake (with pistachios and chocolate), so even if it doesn't look the way I'd like, I'm pretty much guaranteed that it WILL be yummy.

We'll see this weekend!

*****

On that note, I'm taking tomorrow off, and will actually be doing a lot of work (in the form of interviews) on the next season of those “Pieces of the Past” videos I do for the History Center., so there won't be a new one of these tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, whether it's three days, filled with cheesecake, both, or neither!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment