Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wednesday, 5/24

Well, the haze didn't go away.

As you may recall, I had hoped the Canadian fire haze that's been in the upper atmosphere the past few weeks would go away so I could have a totally sunny half day yesterday. Sadly, it didn't; in fact, it may have been stronger than usual. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the 80 degree temperatures and (very) hazy sunshine.

And that's a good thing, considering it'll be (gulp) 40 degrees cooler today.

Speaking of the haze, have you seen just how bad it is in Canada these days?


Photo courtesy of Accuweather

While I really don't enjoy the haze they're sending our way, I do feel bad for everyone in Alberta and Manitoba just trying to live through the fires. For both of our sakes, I hope the fires burn themselves out soon.

Speaking of pictures, one of the things I did yesterday was to take one of my own, just because that's what I do this time of the year--



They're so close you can (almost) smell them, and I'm hoping that once it gets warm again this weekend they may finally pop out again in their full glory.

And THAT will be a spectacular thing

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment