Monday, May 22, 2023

Monday, 5/22

It was a hard choice to make, but I made it.

I've written in here a lot about writing; after all, as I've mentioned, I consider myself a writer above all else. And sometimes when you're a writer you have to make the hard and often topical choice. It was that kind of choice I had to make Friday when deciding what I'll be talking about on TV tonight. I had a choice between a topic that would tie into the one I did last week, or one that would be topical for this upcoming week. I, of course, had to figure it out by Friday afternoon, so they had a subject to promote over the weekend, so it's not like there was any pressure, or anything.

Oh wait, there was.

I realize most people wouldn't even think that this was a hard decision to make, and who knows. Maybe it WAS easy and my thought process just made it hard. All I know is that I had those two topics and an approaching deadline. I had to choose one, either the topic that would tie into last week or the topical one.

I went with the former.

There were several things that went into the agonizingly long process of my very strange brain figuring out what to do. Because I have a specific Memorial Day bit for next week, hanging on to the one that would tie into last week's spot wouldn't work. By the time I got to it no one would remember what I had said last Monday. Yet the other idea—tied specifically into the upcoming three-day weekend—wouldn't work any other time, either.

And I do realize that in the scheme of the entire universe, it was the weirdest thing over which to obsess. But obsess I did.

If you wanna take the long view, because I didn't do the topical one about heading into the three day Memorial Day weekend, I now have a topic for next year at this time (assuming, of course, they're still letting me do these next year at this time). Of course, by then, I may not think it a good idea or the world may have changed in ways that would render it moot.

I guess we'll get the answers to all those questions then.

So what exactly IS the topic I'll be addressing this week, the topic that caused so much stupidly bizarre writer's stress? You'll find out tonight.

I just hope it was all worth it.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment