Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday, 5/1

Okay, “Spring”, this is your last chance. The third month had better be a charm.

I know I've been complaining about our wacky weather in here a lot recently, and I promise not to do it much more (unless, of course, summer sucks, and then all bets are off). But when you've had a 2023 like we have no far—January and February abnormally warm and comparatively snow-free, and then “winter” coming in March and April...well, a little complaining is to be expected.

As well as a little trepidation as to what May will be like. And that trepidation may be warranted, with a winter storm warning through tomorrow and schools all closed today.

Don't believe me?  This was at 8:11 this morning, before the "heavy" stuff even started--



I know we've wrecked the planet. I know that all this is just Mother Nature trying to compensate for everything we've been throwing at her for 150 years. On a macro level, I understand it completely. But on a micro level?

It just sucks.

Being an optimist by nature, I'm hopeful that this is the month that rights everything, the month that some kind of equilibrium is restored to our local climate. But having developed a healthy sense of realism the past three years, I'm not totally convinced that restoration will take place. We'll see; hopefully, the optimistic part of me is correct, and by the end of the month I'll be writing about warmth and flowers popping out and days on the beach.

But if the realist in me is right...well, then let me apologize in advance for what you may be reading in the weeks and months to come.

Because I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment